Manager, Business Strategy and Process Improvement
Date: Jun 13, 2014
Location: Woodbridge, ON, Canada
State / Province: Ontario Position Type: Full time
City / Location: Woodbridge Brand: adidas Group
Relocation: No Selection
At adidas Group, our love of sport drives who we are and what we do. But just as a ball is more than leather and thread, and a shoe more than padding and plastic, we are bigger than our products. We don’t just work to create faster shoes and lighter fabrics: We strive to help athletes everywhere perform their best. We believe that it’s hard work inventing the future of sport, and that’s why we love it; that when you push your limits, you make it possible for others to push theirs.
At adidas Group, this drive it what connects us, whether we’re working for TaylorMade, adidas, Reebok, or Rockport. We’re all working toward a future motivated by passion, original thinking, and the desire to build upon a proud legacy.
From design to production to logistics to technology, every role in all our brands is connected to this. Our roles span the range of our brands, as well as spanning the globe. No matter what you do, or what country or city you do it in, your work helps make greatness possible.
Internally known as Business Efficiency Manager
The Business Efficiency Manager will be tasked to review, coordinate, and propose organizational improvements to support quality improvement programs, best-in-class compliance and governance, and create infrastructures which breed full cross-brand and cross-functional alignment within the Canadian business.
• Review and dissect all current protocols/procedures and provide a complete scope on gap analysis
• Implements improvement processes which leads to a positive and measurable impact to the business. After action reviews are to be created and monitored for continuous improvement
• Document and create training material to be delivered to all stakeholders across the business
• Create and leverage strong working relationships with Finance, Master Data Management, IBP, Supply Chain, Product Merchandising, and Retail Back Office
• Regularly reports the status of performance and quality improvement efforts and impacts. Coordinates and prepares reoccurring updates to report project status, KPI monitoring, and potential ROI.
• Investment analysis and other impact reviewsWorks as a partner with the Internal Audit Teams to understand current state requirements and to make progressive recommendations for improvement
• Working closely with managers from the front office teams assist and support key projects/ initiatives, ensuring that such initiatives are implemented successfully leading to improvements in service and sales, cost or working capital management.
• Drive the implementation process by leading project groups consisting of key resources across the business.
• Foster key relationships across all business units, brands, Global, and Local teams to ensure full coordination of project efforts and best practices
• Indirectly managers project teams by providing accountability assignments, guidance, support, and coaching on all responsibilities relating to project duties.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Strong Project Management skills including planning, reporting, structure and alignment. Knowledge of operational excellence concepts and implementation best-practices
• Strong documentation skills and ability to write clear concise business descriptions with appropriate levels of detail.
• 3-5 years of project management experience
• College or University degree in Business or working equivalent.
• Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
• Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
• Strong interpersonal and management skills, with ability to manage multiple people and projects in fast-paced environment
• Advance level of proficiency in MS Office (strong emphasis on Excel and Word)
Posting Notes: Woodbridge || Ontario || Canada || || adidas Group || Americas || No Selection
Job Segments: Business Process, Internal Audit, Merchandising, SAP, Supply Chain Manager, Management, Finance, Retail, Technology, Operations