Retail Store Associate
Date: Apr 11, 2014
Location: Cabazon, CA, US
State / Province: California Position Type: Part time
City / Location: Cabazon Brand: adidas
Relocation: No Selection
Somewhere, in one of our workshops right now, the future is taking shape. We are constantly working to redefine the way clothing and footwear transforms the pitch, court or course. This is what drives us: the feeling of discovery and the urge to innovate. When we create a product that makes our hearts beat faster, we know we’re onto something.
If this sounds inspiring, you might be one of us: Someone who loves to create the present, as well as shape the future. There’s a reason adidas has been at the forefront of defining sport for more than 60 years: We never stand still. Everyday, we work to improve everything we create.
At adidas, interesting, amazing and inspiring aren’t just ideas. They are what we do every single day.
adidas is hiring for Store Associate opportunities in Cabazon, CA. Working at adidas is much more than a job. It's a place where you can experience a connection with your favorite athlete and shape the future of sport. At adidas, you'll take your passion for sport and create a career so fulfilling, you'll go home every night with a win.
Contributes to the achievements of Store KPI targets by building an emotional connection with customers and living the Brand Values. The core expectations include utilizing expertise and experience to; serve and sell to customers and achieving operational excellence, flawlessly execute store operations when responsible for product flow to and from sales floor and/or cashier procedures.
• Is aware of store and individual targets and actively works to meet or exceed these by using all resources available within the store.
• Complies with store policies and procedures to maintain a safe shopping and working environment.
• Collaborates productively and respectfully with team members to meet or exceed store goals.
• Communicates a desire for ongoing learning and welcomes all available opportunities to increase individual and store performance.
• Makes themselves available to support other team members when needed
• Meets and exceeds customer expectations and boosts sales and Brand experience by using appropriate element the adidas customer service model.
• Create an emotional connection with every customer by being a passionate and enthusiastic adidas Brand ambassador.
• Proactively seeks and incorporates basic core and seasonal product knowledge into own service approach within assigned store zones(s).
• Maintain an appealing, easy-to-shop environment for customer by consistently executing visual merchandising and housekeeping standards.
• Minimize loss by actively maintaining sales floor awareness while serving customers.
• Completes sales transactions quickly and accurately while adhering to cash protection procedures
• Uses selling expertise to maximize opportunities at the cash desk to create add-on sales and build customer loyalty.
• Handles returns, refunds and exchanges and uses these as an opportunity to reinforce and enhance the customer experience.
• Ensures the product offer in the store is made available to customers by assisting with deliveries and replenishing the sales floor.
• Uses retail and customer expertise to maximize sales opportunities by prioritizing merchandise flow to the sales floor.
• Ensures adequate supplies to create an effective stockroom environment and continually maintains this (including all merchandise) within and around the vicinity.
Knowledge, Capabilities and Experience:
• Must possess and consistently exhibit the competencies relative to the position.
• Knowledge of customer service principles and processes.
• Ability to learn and adapt quickly in a fast paced environment.
• Ability to understand and carry out oral and/or written instructions and request clarification if needed.
• Demonstrates an inspirational attitude that contributes to a positive team environment.
• Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships team members.
• Well developed ability to speak, read, comprehend, and write English
• Ability to maintain reliable and consistent attendance and punctuality.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
• Must have or be pursuing a high school diploma or general education degree (GED)
• Three to six month’s experience working in a sports/fashion customer & commercial focused retail environment.
• Must be 16 years of age or older
adidas' founder, Adi Dassler, was inspired by a single idea when he made his first shoes, at the age of just 20: to provide every athlete with the best footwear for his or her respective discipline. And 85 years later, we have almost 16,000 employees worldwide who put this same passion and commitment to innovation into each concept, component, process and product we produce.
Our mission is to be the leading sports brand in the world. At adidas we understand it takes a village to accomplish this mission. adidas provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship, creed, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, mental or physical disability, or any other protected status unrelated to the performance of the work involved. You may have heard us say "Impossible is Nothing" or "Celebrate Originality"; to us, these phrases are more than just words. If you share this same passion then apply today!
Posting Notes: Cabazon || California || United States || || adidas || Americas || No Selection
Nearest Major Market: Riverside
Nearest Secondary Market: Los Angeles
Job Segments: Retail, Housekeeping, Retail Sales, Outside Sales, Healthcare, Hospitality, Sales